Friday, December 16, 2011

Recovery, Friends, and Strangers

I may not be quite done with my finals yet, but I've had a couple of wonderful days with my friends. Neal took me to Leading Edge yesterday even though I definitely did not want to go. I thought I had way too much work to do and that everyone else could handle it. 

We got there just in time to run into our friend Emily, and we spent an hour exchanging proposal stories, both for ourselves and for people we knew. Emily told us how clueless she was as to the situation, how when her man had started singing her a romantic song while they were taking a beautiful hike, she had just sung along with him. I love our friends.

Highlight of the evening might be when a complete stranger in the editing room spun around and told us his proposal plans for next week. Only at BYU could this be a bonding topic for random people. But I love it. I love remembering what it felt like to be almost engaged, and I love thinking about how much happier I am now, even if the butterflies and giddiness have faded a bit.

Also, my Relief Society president took some family pictures of us yesterday, so we'll be sending those out soon with a Christmas newsletter. I like the picture we chose for family updates, even if I look dorky (totally my own fault. I never really learned how to smile with my eyes open).

Neal and I are putting together Christmas plans. We've exchanged some gift ideas, and I'm going to look around and see what I can get that would be special. Overall, I'm feeling more capable of handling then next few weeks. I'm grateful for family, friends, and supportive strangers and acquaintances. It's been getting me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment