Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas at Fort Hewitt

The stairway, with lights and gold tinsel.
Neal and I are going to be in Northern California for Christmas proper, so we're going to celebrate Christmas here on the 22nd, with the 21st serving as Christmas Eve. We've gotten presents from our families that are sitting in Amazon boxes and the like until I decide to wrap them. Ha. But in the meantime, check out some of our decorations:

 Neal got so excited about Christmas decorations, which I'm really grateful for. That's not to say my family didn't celebrate Christmas to some degree, but we just had a few standard decorations that we could typically put up in an hour or two. Neal got a good Black Friday deal on Christmas lights and decorations. He took an afternoon or two to get the lights strung up on the stairway and all across the family room. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I really like the lighting. So does Neal. Very nostalgic for him.

He also found this Charlie Brown Christmas decoration, which is pretty cute. He's really happy to be building up a collection of things we can take out every year.


  Our first nativity set! It was about $6.00, but I really like it.


And, finally, our Christmas tree. Neal put up the lights, and I put up the ornaments. It's in the corner of our house, by the couch and right next to that TV we have to sell on KSL or something. In the background are the advent calendars we made. I'd never done those before, but I have no complaints about another excuse to eat candy.


Speaking of, I think both Neal and I have the New Year's resolution of losing weight. Yeah, we'll see about that.

On the bright side, only two more pages of essay and one more final until this semester can be over for me. Oh, my head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment