Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dealing with Finals Week

I'm not really sure I'm going to hit everything I want to talk about in this post. And that's okay.

This finals week is very hard, is going to be very hard. I have to unexpectedly fly out to California next week because of my dad's health. I still have to take my theory midterm later this week. I've been sick on and off all week. I just want this semester to be over, but it just. Won't. End.

Neal has been great at getting me through this. We've "rescheduled" our Christmas celebration to be on the December 22 so we can still have some time together. Our wonderful brother-in-law has offered to drive us to the airport from his place, where we're going to keep the car parked while we're gone. Our friend Emily has offered to take care of our cat, even if she (the cat) is not always the most pleasant thing to be around.

My professors have been so considerate and understanding. I've gotten extensions on my harder finals, I've gotten emails of consolation and understanding, and anybody I have any obligation to knows what's going on and is going to make sure I don't have too much more to deal with this week.

Why am I blogging when I could be finishing my homework? It's . . . just psychology. It's easier to get lost in the internet right now. Not a great habit, but I'm just trying to cope at this point. Rest assured that I've read about five different feminist theory essays and will be putting together an outline for my final paper for that class . . . probably today. I also skimmed through an entire book on CSS today, and I'm doing a write-up for that right now. I have to go to campus and program because they have an FTP client that lets me edit pages without transferring them to my desktop. I have Filezilla on the home computer, but it's a pain and it barely works right, I swear. But I really don't want to leave the house right now. Not sure what to do.

And now I don't know how to end this blog. Probably just by hitting the Publish button. Will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment